Late notice, but I'm hosting a casual LAN and Geekfest party this Saturday, starting around 2pm, going until we can't go any longer (last time, that meant 4 or 5am)!
I'm thinking a little more casual this time, but still generally the more folks the better, so if you are a PC gamer, you are within two hours of Redding, and you are fun-positive, come on over. Being a little more casual, I think it would be fun to also take a break or two to rest the eyes and twitchy fingers, so bring your Magic cards and/or prepare for some Munchkin or something.
Following are details to make sure you're prepared for the LAN part of it BEFORE you arrive, so we don't spend 2 - 3+ hours setting up, configuring, installing, patching, etc.
- 8 port gigabit switch (wireless-G available, but that sucks for a large LAN party)
- Some drinks and snacks
First come, first serve:
- Some assorted lengths of ethernet cabling of occasionally dubious quality
- A couple folding tables and chairs
THINGS TO BRING:
- Your own table and chair
- Your gaming computer with monitor, keyboard, mousing device and mouse pad (I know, seems obvious - don't ask)
- Surge suppressor/power bar
- Your own LONG ethernet cable (i.e. 15 - 20+ feet)
- GAME INSTALL/PLAY DISCS (see below)
- Plenty of free hard drive space for additional game installs
- Headphones (or speakers)
- Money for pizza and drink runs (I'm right around the corner from Safeway and Shasta Pizza)
Games you can expect:
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (or maybe UT3 if all the systems can handle it!)
- Dawn of War (original and all expansions - or maybe II?)
- Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (saber battles RULE!)
- Battlefield (1942, 2142, or v2 - depending on system specs present)
- Shattered Horizon
- FreeSpace 2 (with FreeSpace Open mods - bring your joystick!!)
etc... If you bring it and enough people want to play it, then we will!
Please RSVP either here or via direct email so I may tally attendance. If you have friends that would be interested, check with me and get them to come, too!
(p.s. yes, I know, it's another announcement post ~shrug~)